Saturday, July 20, 2019

Poems for our friends who lost a loved four legger.


Lucky Cat

My eyes are getting heavy now, my time has come to leave,
but one thing I must tell you as you stay behind to grieve. . . .
You always did your best for me, your love it knew no end,
I really was a Lucky Cat to have you as my Friend.

I see how much you miss me now,
your days seem bleak and bare,
I know you well, your heart is big,
you still have love to share.

So please don’t sit and cry for me,
we’ll meet around the bend,
til then another Lucky Cat
is waiting for a Friend.


A Dog’s Bequest

Before humans die, they write their last will & testament, give their home and all they have to those they leave behind.  If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I’d ask. . . .

To a poor and lonely stray I’d give my happy home; my bowl and cozy bed; soft pillow and all my toys;
The lap which I have loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I’d will to the sad, scared shelter dog the place I had in my human’s loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say,l “I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand.”

Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and give my place to him.

This is the only thing I can give. . .

. . . . .The love I left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment