Monday, February 3, 2014

The not-so-super Super Bowl.

I do not root for any football team though I watched the playoffs. Of more interest to me is the 85% correlation between who wins the Super Bowl and DOW performance. If the NFL wins it means an up year and if the AFL wins, it will be a down year.

There was no question about the outcome of the game, though the game will be analyzed and speculated about for a while.  Why was the Offensive Line of the Broncos so inept? Why were the Officials letting the Seahawks bump and hold the Denver Pass Receivers? IMO that was the determinant in the game. The Pass Receivers just could not get downfield far enough.

Sometimes it looked as if the Broncos were drugged. I have seen them play away from Denver and I have never seen them play as badly. Well, there will be theories.

I the meantime, the DOW is plunging. Overseas stock markets are lower and the economy is weakening. How long before the FED changes its mind and stops the tapering?

No comments:

Post a Comment