Friday, February 2, 2018

Ben Shapiro: The Night Before the Memo.

'Twas the night before memo, when all through the House
Not a creature was stirring, not even a louse;
The stories were prepped for the press with great care,
In hopes that the cameras soon would be there;

Congressmen nestled all snug in their beds;
While visions of prostitutes danced in their heads;
And Trump on his Twitter, and I on my app,
Had just settled our brains for tomorrow’s big scrap,

When on CNN there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my couch to see what was the matter.
Away to the laptop I flew like a flash,
Tore open the screen and prepared for the clash

Wolf Blitzer was shouting about breaking news,
And wild Jim Acosta was shouting J’accuse!
And then to my wondering eyes did appear,
One Devin Nunes and his four-page premiere.

With some members of Congress so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment they’d all make me sick.
More rapid than eagles they ran to name names,
While Schiff shouted out that he had counterclaims.

“Now, Comey! Now, Rosenstein! Now Strzuck and Page!
On McCabe! On Mueller! Our sources of rage!
To the top of the jail! To the top of Trump’s wall!
Now go away, go away, go away all!”

.
.
That's as far as I've gotten. And I have to go drink myself into oblivion in preparation for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment