Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Comment on the Megyn Kelly Switch.

Megyn Kelly announced yesterday that she is leaving FOX to join NBC. If you check my post yesterday morning (Monumental personnel changes: will they happen?) I pointed to a "potential personnel change [that] concerns Megyn Kelly." A few hours later (my post is stamped 5:19 AM), the change was announced on her Facebook page, FOX and all over the place. So, how did I know? Did I have advance information? And will Obama accuse me of having received the info from a Russian hack of FOX? NO! So how did I know?

I will tell you a story. A few years ago (OK, it was quite a few years ago) my wife an I attended a show in Washington DC called "Banjo Dancing." It was a young, Jewish man dressed as a pseudo proletariat (jeans and work boots) and telling funny stories. Here is one of the stories:

In New York City a rabbi got on the train going to Schenectady. As it was to take some time, the rabbi  started thinking about amusing himself on the train ride. His gaze fell on this young Jewish man and he began to guess as to who the young man was, where he was going and why. Guessing from the young man's appearance, the rabbi deduced that the young man was not going to Schenectady to work, but to see a girl. But, there was only one eligible young woman in the town of the young man's age and no way would her parents agree to a match to the young man of such limited means. So, the young man was going to elope with her.

By this time the train arrived to Schenectady and as the rabbi and the young man were leaving, the rabbi turned to the young man and said: "congratulations on your coming elopement with Miss so and so." The young man was flabbergasted and mumbled: "how did you know? We told absolutely no one." The rabbi turned to the young man and said in a perfectly natural tone: "it was obvious."

So, how did I know that Megyn Kelly might leave FOX? It was obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment